Collaborative School Committee (CSC)
The Collaborative School Committee (CSC) is a committee formed by all of a school’s stakeholders (educators, parents, and community members) that serves as a leadership body for school accountability.
Purpose of the CSC:
- Enhance student achievement and school climate by engaging school community in collaborative efforts that support the school and District’s goals.
- Provide strategic direction in support of the school’s mission and vision as stated in the school’s Unified Improvement Plan (UIP).
- Focus on UIP as primary responsibility.
- Align resources to support UIP and school’s program design.
- Provide guidance, evaluation and approval for UIP.
- Provide guidance, evaluation and approval for the annual school budget to insure alignment with UIP and school’s program design.
- Provide guidance, evaluation and approval for staffing allocations. Make recommendation regarding any changes to the school design.
- Participate in principal selection process.
- Provide input on principals’ involvement in and support of the CSC for principal’s annual evaluation.
- Review, and when appropriate, approve discipline and safety procedures.
- Review, and when appropriate, approve school calendar and/or schedule.
- Increase parent, community, civic, service, and neighborhood involvement.
Monthly meetings are held at the school. CSC members and non-members are welcome to attend CSC meetings.
Monthly Agendas and Minutes
Here you can find links to both the monthly agendas and minutes for each CSC meeting.