News from the Nest — March 19, 2021
Posted March 19, 2021
Hagan clic aquí para leer este mensaje en español.
Vol. 5, No. 27
DPS Presents a FREE Health Fair for Families!
In partnership with Denver Health, Connect for Health Colorado, and other local organizations, DPS is excited to host a FREE, outdoor health fair at Place Bridge Academy (7125 Cherry Creek Dr. North) on Friday, March 26 from 10:00am to 2:00pm. Families can visit the fair to receive the services listed below.
- COVID-19 testing
- Basic vision testing
- Dental exams with a dental hygienist (limited to the first 30 people)
- Preventative health screenings: Glucose Testing (A1C), Blood Iron Testing (anemia), Body Mass Indexing Calculation, Blood Pressure Checkup, and more.
Click here to see more information or click here to register!
- Just a reminder: Spring Break is Monday, March 29 to Monday, April 5. School resumes on Tuesday, April 6.
- Reminder for ECE ONLY: ECE students have no school on Friday, March 26. This day is a professional training day for our ECE staff.
- Don’t forget, families are able to collect their box tops digitally for our school! Learn how here.
- Due to the uniqueness of this school year, we will not be holding our traditional student-led conferences this semester. Instead, we’ll be following the standard DPS policy of scheduling spring conferences as needed by the classroom teacher or student’s family. Thank you!
- ELA families, you’re invited to the next Multilingual Education DAC meeting on Wednesday, March 24!
Click here to view the McKinley-Thatcher school calendar.
- Fri., 3/26 — School Values Assembly, 7:45am-8:15am (everyone is invited to join us on Google Meet!)
- Fri., 3/26 — ECE ONLY: No School (professional learning day for ECE staff)
- Mon., 3/29 to Mon., 4/5 — NO SCHOOL: Spring Break (classes resume on Tues., 4/6)