News from the Nest — May 21, 2021
Posted May 21, 2021
Hagan clic aquí para leer este mensaje en español.
Vol. 5, No. 35
Community Garden Snapshot!
We are working hard in our community garden!
In Case You Missed It: May 20 Principal’s Update
We have just a few days of school left — wow! I’d like to take a moment to share some information about in-person vs. remote learning next school year, as well as an important request from our PTA. Click here to read the full message!
Chromebook & Library Book Return Information
We are collecting all library books, school-issued Chromebooks, and chargers during the last week of school! See below to find the due dates for your children. Please help us out by removing any stickers on your children’s Chromebooks!
- ALL library books DUE — Monday, May 24
- In-Person K & 1st Chromebooks — return school Chromebooks & charger by Monday, May 24.
- In-Person 2nd-5th Chromebooks — return school Chromebooks & charger by Tuesday, May 25.
- 100% Remote Student Chromebooks — return school Chromebooks & charger on Friday, May 28, 12:00pm-3:00pm or Tuesday, June 1, 8:00am-3:00pm.
- ECE families — if your ECE student received a school device for remote learning, please drop it off at our front door anytime next week.
Our library is also holding a HUGE secondhand Summer Book Giveaway after school on the playground on Thursday, May 27! Come prepared to take home as many books as you can carry!
REMINDER: K-5 Field Day Rescheduled to Thursday, May 27!
We have rescheduled our K-5th grade Field Day to Thursday, May 27. We will use the same plans and schedule as previously shared here! ECE families — ECE Field Day is still scheduled for Monday, May 24.
- The last day of school for K-5th graders is a half-day on Friday, May 28, with students dismissed at 11:00am. There will be no Discovery Link care this day. (ECE families: your last day of school is Thursday, May 27.)
- Our live-stream Talent Show is next Wednesday, May 26, 12:45pm-1:45pm! Performers and their families received an email from Mrs. Morgenthaler with more information this week. Remote families can click here for instructions on connecting to our Talent Show Google Meet with Meet code MCTALLSCHOOL.
- There’s still time to sign up here for our last rain-or-shine Community Garden Volunteer Day on Saturday, May 29! We are also holding two Plant Adoption Days after school on Tuesday, May 25 and Thursday, May 27 — check out this flyer for more information.
- 5th grade families: 5th Grade Continuation is next Wednesday, May 26, 2:15pm-3:00pm. Per DPS health policies, only four family members per student will be able to attend. Masks and physical distancing are required. Click here to see our invitation!
- We are excited to announce that we are adding before-school care to our Discovery Link program for next school year! Morning care will run from 6:30am to 7:30am (afternoon care is 2:30pm to 6:00pm). For more information and to get registered, visit the Discovery Link website.
- We are so grateful to our school sponsors — their generous support has been especially invaluable to our PTA and our school during this very difficult school year! Check out our sponsors here.
Click here to view the McKinley-Thatcher school calendar.
- Fri., 5/21 — Deadline to complete annual DPS Family Satisfaction Survey
- Mon., 5/24 — ECE Field Day (students only; no families due to DPS health policies)
- Mon., 5/24 — ALL library books DUE!
- Mon., 5/24 — Chromebook Return for in-person K & 1st graders
- Tue., 5/25 — Chromebook Return for in-person 2nd-5th graders
- Tue., 5/25 — Plant Adoption event, 2:00pm
- Wed., 5/26 — RESCHEDULED: live-stream Talent Show, 12:45pm-1:45pm
- Wed., 5/26 — 5th Grade Continuation, 2:15pm, basketball court
- Thurs., 5/27 — ECE ONLY: Last Day of School!
- Thurs., 5/27 — RESCHEDULED: K-5th Field Day (students only; no families due to DPS health policies)
- Thurs., 5/27 — HUGE Summer Book Giveaway, 2:00pm, playground
- Thurs., 5/27 — Plant Adoption event, 2:00pm
- Fri., 5/28 — Last Day of School! (Half-day with dismissal at 11:00am.)
- Fri., 5/28 — Eagles of the Year assembly, 8:15am-9:15am
- Fri., 5/28 — Chromebook Return for 100% remote students, 12:00pm-3:00pm
- Sat., 5/29 — McKinley Community Garden Volunteer Day — sign up here!
- Tues., 6/1 — Chromebook Return for 100% remote students, 8:00am-3:00pm
- Tues., 6/1 — Main Office closes for summer @ 3:00pm