News from the Nest — January 7, 2022
Posted January 7, 2022
Vol. 6, No. 17
Welcome to Our Newest Staff Members!
We are excited to welcome several new staff members to the McKinley-Thatcher family!
- Alana Hirsch – Ms. Hirsch is our new School Counselor! We applied for and received a School Counselor Grant recently, so Ms. Hirsch will be joining us three days a week. She will support our Mosaic Social/Emotional Learning curriculum, develop Student Leadership Programs, and assist with Restorative Practices at McKinley.
- Malika Id Mohamed – Ms. Malika is our new health technician and will work with Nurse Jen in our school clinic.
- Miranda Trujillo – Ms. Miranda is a new instructional paraprofessional who is joining our Special Education team while Ms. Zuzu is on her maternity leave.
- Deirdre Arnholz – Ms. Dede is a new instructional paraprofessional who supports ECE and 3rd grade.
- Sydney Waldschmidt – Ms. Sydney is a new instruction paraprofessional who supports all grade levels.
- Hamida El Mohammadi – Ms. Hamida is a new Special Education paraprofessional supporting 1st grade.
In Case You Missed It: January 3 Principal’s Update
If you haven’t had a chance to read our January 3 Principal’s Update, please check it out on our website! It has a lot of important information about new safety measures for the Omicron variant, SchoolChoice news for ECE and 5th grade families, and more.
In Other News…
- Families with students who are entering ECE, kindergarten, or 6th grade NEXT year, please save-the-date for Round 1 of the 2022-2023 SchoolChoice Window! Round 1 of SchoolChoice runs from Friday, January 14 to Tuesday, February 15. Families with students entering ECE, kindergarten, or 6th grade should please complete a SchoolChoice application for their transitioning students by 4:00pm on February 15. For more information and to start your application, visit the SchoolChoice website or call us at (720) 424-5600.
- Please click here to see our January school lunch menu!
- REMINDER: we have NO SCHOOL on Friday, January 14 or Monday, January 17. January 14 is a McKinley Teacher Planning Day and January 17 is Martin Luther King, Jr. Day!
- This month, we’re teaching and learning about our first school value, be kind & considerate.
Click here to view the McKinley-Thatcher school calendar.
- Fri., 1/14 – NO SCHOOL: McKinley Teacher Planning Day
- Mon., 1/17 – NO SCHOOL: MLK, Jr. Day
- Tues., 1/25 – PTA Restaurant Night: Maria Empanada
- Tues., 1/25 – January Collaborative School Committee meeting, 5:00pm, Google Meet
- Fri., 1/28 – January Student Recognition Assembly, 7:45am, Google Meet