News from the Nest — February 4, 2022
Posted February 4, 2022
Vol. 6, No. 21
Valentine’s Day Celebration: Monday, February 14
This year, we are celebrating Valentine’s Day a little differently at McKinley. Due to DPS’s COVID safety policies, we are, unfortunately, not allowing food or having family members attend our celebrations. Instead, all classrooms are participating in a school-wide Valentine’s Day craft project! Students will still be able to create and share individual valentines with each other, too. Please call us at (720) 424-5600 if you have any questions!
Please Respect Our School Bus Zone!
We’d like to remind our families to please respect the “no parking” signs in our school bus loading zone on the west side of S. Logan St. Please see this map if you’re not sure where our school bus zone is located.
It is essential that our school bus is able to pull fully into the loading zone so that our students can safely board. We understand that parking around our building is limited, and we appreciate everyone’s efforts to help keep our bus riders safe. Thank you!
In Other News…
- During the month of February, we’re celebrating our second school value, work together!
- Please click here to see our February school lunch menu.
- 3rd-5th Grade Families: we have an important update about our spring season of Girls on the Run (GotR)! Our GotR team will now be meeting on Mondays and Wednesdays from 2:30pm to 3:45pm so as not to conflict with Eagle Club.
Remember, GotR registration opens this Monday, February 7 at 9:00am! For more information about the program and to register, visit www.girlsontherunrockies.org. For questions or more information, contact Ms. Ingrid Hoff (she/her) at Ingrid_Hoff@dpsk12.org or (720) 424-5605. GotR is open to all students who identify as a girl, non-binary, or gender-expansive!
- Our school is in need of facial tissue and bottled water for students who do not have their own reusable bottle. Donations are greatly appreciated and can be dropped off at our front door. Thank you!
- Families with students entering ECE, kindergarten, & 6th grade next school year: please remember to fill out a 2022-2023 SchoolChoice application during Round 1 of SchoolChoice. Round 1 is open now through Tuesday, February 15. For more information, visit our McKinley SchoolChoice info page here or check out the district’s Choice website!
Click here to view the McKinley-Thatcher school calendar.
- Tues., 2/8 – VIRTUAL February CSC meeting, 5:00pm-6:30pm, Google Meet
- Mon., 2/14 – Valentine’s Day Celebrations (students ONLY!)
- Tues., 2/15 – SchoolChoice Round 1 CLOSES @ 4:00pm!
- Tues., 2/15 – IN-PERSON PTA meeting @ 7:30am on the playground; bring your own cup for FREE coffee!
- Wed., 2/16 – Chipotle Restaurant Night fundraiser @ 4:00pm-8:00pm, 371 E. Alameda Ave.