News from the Nest — September 30, 2022
Posted September 30, 2022
Vol. 7, No. 6
Everyone Is Invited to Our 2nd Annual Outdoor Movie Night!
We are excited to invite all members of our school community to our PTA’s 2nd annual Outdoor Movie Night on Thursday, October 13! The event will be on our school grounds and begins at 6:00pm, with a 7:00pm showtime. Bring your own outdoor seating to get comfy (lawn chairs, blankets, etc.) and your own picnic, or plan to buy pizza at the event! We’ll also have movie snacks for sale. Please RSVP here, especially if you’re planning to buy pizza!
This is a FAMILY event, so please plan to attend with your children (childcare is not provided).
October PTA Meetings Are Next Week!
PTA’s Planning Meeting is Tuesday, October 4 at 5:00pm online on Zoom (click here for the meeting link)! This meeting is an opportunity to discuss PTA plans in a more relaxed and casual social setting. Everyone is invited, so feel free to come if you have any interest in possibly getting more involved, to see what PTA does for our school, and to ask any questions.
PTA’s General Monthly Meeting is Thursday, October 6 at 7:30am (right after drop-off!) on our playground. Come enjoy some free coffee while you get info about PTA events and volunteer opportunities, meet other families, and more!
In Other News!
- Click here to see our October 2022 lunch menu!
- In October, we are celebrating our second school value: work together!
- Mark your calendars: we have NO SCHOOL on Friday, October 14 or Monday, October 17!
- Save-the-date: PTA’s October restaurant fundraiser is Monday, October 17 and Tuesday, October 18 at Chook Charcoal Chicken (1300 S. Pearl St.)! We’ll share more details next week.
- Just a reminder that our Fall 2022 school pictures are now available for families to view and order online! For more information on ordering and picture retakes, visit our webpost here.
- Destination Imagination at McKinley-Thatcher: does your child like solving challenges, working with others, being creative, and striving to reach a goal? If so, Destination Imagination’s STEAM-based (science, tech, engineering, arts, and math) challenges might be a great fit! Destination Imagination prepares kids to be the innovators of the future by combining the arts, sciences, and technology with creativity, teamwork, and problem solving. If your child would like to participate, return the form that went home in today’s Friday Folders or complete the Google form at tinyurl.com/MCTDI2022. Contact Allison Gleichman at firstname.lastname@example.org or (303) 229-6011 with questions!
- Families can easily subscribe to our school’s Google calendar and see our events on your personal Google calendar!
Click here to view the McKinley-Thatcher school calendar.
- Sat., 10/1 – FREE glasses for kids @ Von’s Vision Day!
- Mon., 10/3 – DEADLINE: K-5 Destination Imagination Registration
- Mon., 10/3 – 3rd Grade SPREE Field Trip: Confluence Park
- Mon., 10/3 – 4th Grade SPREE Field Trip: Grant-Frontier Park
- Tues., 10/4 – PTA Planning Meeting @ 5:00pm on Zoom
- Tues., 10/4 – 2nd Annual South HS Homecoming Parade @ 5:00pm
- Weds., 10/5 – 5th Grade SPREE Field Trip: Overland Pond Park
- Thurs., 10/6 – October PTA Meeting (after drop-off @ 7:30am!)
- Fri., 10/7 – Free Book Friday @ 2:30pm on our playground!
- Fri., 10/7 – South HS Homecoming Game @ 4:00pm
- Tues., 10/11 to Thurs., 10/13 – Family/Teacher Conferences (check with your teacher to sign up!)
- Tues., 10/11 – Black Family Advisory Council (BFAC) Meeting with Dr. Marrero @ 6:00pm, Montbello HS
- Thurs., 10/13 – 1st Grade SPREE Field Trip: Commons Park
- Thurs., 10/13 – PTA’s 2nd Annual Outdoor Movie Night @ 6:00pm
- Fri., 10/14 – NO SCHOOL!
- Mon., 10/17 – NO SCHOOL: DPS PD Day