News from the Nest — October 28, 2022
Posted October 28, 2022
Vol. 7, No. 10
News from Our PTA:
November PTA Meetings, Birdcall Restaurant Day, & GLOW Dance!
PTA November Meetings
Join our PTA for their two November meetings!
- PTA Planning Meeting: Tuesday, November 1, 4:15pm at La Doña Mezcaleria (13 E. Louisiana Ave.); attendees will be discussing next steps for the PTA. If you’re planning to attend, please email email@example.com so they can save you a seat! If you can’t attend but have thoughts or suggestions, share them via email!
- PTA General Meeting: Thursday, November 3, 7:30am on our playground (or inside, depending on weather!); join our PTA on the playground right after morning drop-off to hear about upcoming events and volunteer opportunities. Coffee will be provided — please bring your own cup, if possible!
Birdcall Restaurant Day Fundraiser Is Tuesday, 11/8!
Join us for our PTA’s November restaurant fundraiser on Tuesday, November 8 between 11:00am and 10:00pm at any Birdcall location in Denver! Birdcall is donating 35% of all sales made when using our special McKinley code back to our school. We’ll share our code next week!
GLOW Dance Is Friday, 11/11!
Join us at school on Friday, November 11 at 5:30pm for our FREE GLOW Dance! We’ll have lots of family fun including food, raffles, and glow toys for sale! We’ll also have a special guest appearance by DJ Cyn (who is back from last year’s auction!). Please RSVP and/or sign up to volunteer here.
We Need Your Help!
- Donate to the raffle by dropping gift cards or other donations off at our main office. Email our PTA at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or questions.
- Purchase supplies for the dance through PTA’s Amazon list!
Our Halloween Celebration Is Monday, 10/31!
Just a reminder that our school Halloween celebration is this coming Monday!
ECE classrooms will participate in our 7:45am costume parade but will have different Halloween plans after that. Please read this flyer or check with your child’s teacher for more information.
K-5th Grade Halloween Celebration: Monday, October 31
Don’t Celebrate Halloween?
If you prefer that your child does not participate in our Halloween celebration, we will have an alternative activity available in the library. Please submit this form to have your child participate in the alternative activity.
In Other News!
- Please click here to see our November 2022 lunch menu!
(Please note that this menu only goes through November 18. We will post an updated menu once we receive it.)
- The University of Denver is offering “Learn to Play Basketball” day camps on DPS’s days off!
- Submit your information for PTA’s Contact Books by Monday, November 7! The McKinley-Thatcher PTA creates annual Contact Books for each classroom to help families schedule playdates, birthday parties, and other events. Each contact book is shared only with families in the same classroom. If you’d like to have your contact information included in the contact book for your student’s class, please complete the Contact Book Information form that went home in last week’s Friday Folders.
Please return your form to the office by Monday, November 7. If you prefer to submit your information digitally, please see the instructions on the bottom of our form.
- Fundraise for McKinley-Thatcher while supporting a neighborhood business and enjoying some great wine at the same time! Pearl Wine Company (PWC), a South Pearl St. staple, is hosting their annual anniversary wine tasting on Saturday, November 12 from 6:00pm to 9:00pm. 100% of the proceeds from each tasting ticket purchased through our special McKinley-Thatcher link come back to our school. Visit PWC’s website for more information and to buy a ticket to support McKinley!
Click here to view the McKinley-Thatcher school calendar.
- Fri., 10/28 – Picture Retake Day, 4:00pm-5:00pm @ the front of our building (registration REQUIRED!)
- Mon., 10/31 – School Halloween Celebration, 7:45am
- Tues., 11/1 – November PTA Planning Meeting, 4:15pm @ La Doña Mezcaleria (13 E. Louisiana Ave.)
- Thurs., 11/3 – Monthly PTA General Meeting, 7:30am on our playground
- Fri., 11/4 – Free Book Friday, 2:30pm on our playground
- Mon., 11/7 – DEADLINE to submit PTA Contact Book forms!
- Tues., 11/8 – Restaurant Fundraiser: Birdcall, 11:00am-10:00pm
- Tues., 11/8 – November CSC Meeting, 5:00pm on Zoom (link will be posted on ClassDojo)
- Fri., 11/11 – Fall Fundraiser: GLOW Dance, 5:30pm in our school building