News from the Nest — April 23, 2021
Posted April 23, 2021
Hagan clic aquí para leer este mensaje en español.
Vol. 5, No. 31
Art Room Snapshot!
Happy Spring, McKinley families! Our 2nd and 3rd graders made these AMAZING spring birds in art class to celebrate the season.
TONIGHT: Our Virtual Cultural Festival!
Yay, our virtual Cultural Festival is finally here! We’ll share our festival schedule and links below as well as on ClassDojo, so be sure to either save this email or keep an eye on your phone. Students will bring home their school Chromebooks so that families can use them to access our festival events, if needed.
- 5:00pm-5:30pm: Work on our “All About Me & My Family” activity.
- K-5th grade families will access this activity through their children’s Seesaw account.
- ECE families will access this activity through their teacher’s ClassDojo.
- Families can also access a Google Slides version of the activity here.
- 5:30pm-6:15pm: Cook dinner together during our Zoom cooking class with the League of Kitchens.
- 6:15pm: Enjoy dinner while exploring our “Music Around the World” activity.
Cooking Class Information
Connecting to Zoom
- If you’re connecting to our Zoom meeting on a student’s Chromebook: once you click on our Zoom link, you MUST follow the instructions in the picture below in order to connect to the meeting.
- If you’re connecting to our Zoom meeting on a personal device, you can use this guide if you need help.
A Few Reminders: Masks, Chromebooks, & Illnesses
We’re asking McKinley families to remember some important school policies that help keep everyone safe, healthy, and ready to learn!
- Masks — please send your children to school wearing clean, well-fitting masks. If your family needs a box of children and/or adult-sized masks, please call us at (720) 424-5600. We have plenty to share!
- Chromebooks — if your child brings home their school Chromebook, please remember to charge it overnight and send it back to school with them the next day. Most of our classrooms use their Chromebooks daily, so it’s important that students have their devices ready.
- Illnesses — please call our attendance line at (720) 424-5603 if your child is out sick. We are working hard to keep our students, staff members, and families healthy!
- Today was RIF Day at our school! On RIF (Reading Is Fundamental) Day, our PTA provides every one of our students with a free book of their choice. 100% remote families can stop by our remote learning supply cart by our front doors to pick up books for their students next week.
- REMINDER: we have NO SCHOOL (no in-person or remote learning) on Friday, April 30. It’s a staff training day for our school!
- Mark your calendars: National Teacher & School Staff Appreciation Week is Monday, May 3 to Friday, May 7! Our PTA is planning a special celebration each day of that week and they need your help! Check out our Teacher & School Staff Appreciation Week flyer and decide which days your family would like to participate in. Please note: PTA is holding special poster-making sessions after school on next Wednesday, April 28 and Thursday, April 29. Families are invited to stop by and add their own notes to these thank-you posters, which will be shared with our teachers and staff on Wednesday, May 5.
Click here to view the McKinley-Thatcher school calendar.
- Fri., 4/23 — virtual Cultural Festival, 5:00pm-6:15pm; click here for full details!
- Wed., 4/28 & Thurs., 4/29 — Poster-making sessions for Teacher & School Staff Appreciation Week, 2:00pm on our playground!
- Thurs., 4/29 — School Values Assembly, 7:45am-8:15am; everyone is welcome to join!
- Fri., 4/30 — NO SCHOOL (no in-person or remote learning)
- Mon., 5/3 to Fri,. 5/7 — Teacher & School Staff Appreciation Week; click here to see how we’re celebrating!
- Thurs,. 5/6 — Hannah Kahn Dance Co. performance for all students