News from the Nest — April 22, 2022
Posted April 22, 2022
Vol. 6, No. 31
Help PTA Celebrate Teacher & School Staff Appreciation Week!
Teacher & School Staff Appreciation Week is Monday, May 2 to Friday, May 6! Join our PTA in thanking our teachers and support staff members by choosing a day or two (or all five!) to participate in. Check out PTA’s plans for each day of Appreciation Week below, on our digital flyer here, or in today’s Friday Folder!
Teacher & School Staff Appreciation Week Daily Celebrations
- Monday, May 2 — You make us BLOOM!
- Bring a flower – fresh, fake, potted, or hand-drawn.
- Tuesday, May 3 — There are memories that time does not erase!
- Write your teachers a note and tell them about your favorite school memories.
- Wednesday, May 4 — We appreciate YOU!
- Thursday, May 5 — Handmade gifts are the BEST!
- Use your creativity & imagination and make a gift from paper, clay, or anything else you can think of!
- Friday, May 6 — You are SWEET!
- Bring your sweet smile or a little sweet treat.
Can You Make a Donation to Support Our Auction?
Our McKinley-Thatcher Virtual School Auction is coming up soon (May 6 to May 13!), and we’re still looking for a few more donations. Experiences, gift cards, board games, and wine are especially appreciated! If you’re able to donate, please fill out this Google form or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please RSVP for Our “We Are All Together Now” Celebration!
You are cordially invited to celebrate our incredible McKinley-Thatcher community by joining us for our “We Are All Together Now” school auction and celebration, with options for both virtual and in-person participation!
Our virtual auction runs from Friday, May 6 to Friday, May 13 and will be hosted digitally on Auctria (link coming soon!). Auction proceeds help the McKinley-Thatcher PTA support critical educational initiatives.
Our in-person “We Are All Together Now” celebration is Saturday, May 14, from 10:30am to 1:30pm on our school grounds. Come join our community for a morning of food, fun, bounce houses, and activities with our specials teachers!
If you haven’t yet, please RSVP for Our “We Are All Together Now” Celebration here! For more information about our auction, visit our auction page here.
In Other News…
- Special school event for grown-ups: we are excited to host a special version of our annual Social/Emotional Learning (SEL) Night on Wednesday, May 4! This year’s SEL Night topic is “The Importance of Talking to Children about Race,” delivered in an in-person 2-hour session hosted by Eric Elmore, DPS Culturally Responsive Educator Specialist. This event is intended for adult family members only (no childcare is provided), and you MUST be pre-registered to attend. Find all the details and RSVP here!
- Please mark your calendars: we have NO SCHOOL on Friday, April 29! This is a McKinley-Thatcher staff planning day.
- If you or someone you know needs help paying your energy bill: Energy Outreach Colorado & Denver Public Schools Family & Community Engagement may be able to help! Qualifying families may receive up to $1,000 towards past due utility payments. For more information, click here!
Para obtener información en español, haga clic aquí.
Click here to view the McKinley-Thatcher school calendar.
- Sun., 4/24 – DEADLINE to submit videos for PTA’s End-of-the-Year Memory Video.
- Mon., 4/25 to Weds., 4/27 – 5th Grade: CMAS Science Testing (mornings only)
- Thurs., 4/28 – April Student Recognition Assembly, 7:45am (students ONLY!)
- Thurs., 4/28 – Kindergarten & 2nd Grade Field Trip: Denver Botanic Gardens
- Fri., 4/29 – NO SCHOOL: McKinley Teacher Planning Day
- Mon., 5/2 to Fri., 5/6 – Teacher & School Staff Appreciation Week (details here!)
- Weds., 5/4 – Social/Emotional Learning Night, 5:30pm-7:30pm (details here!)
- Thurs., 5/5 – 2nd Grade’s Celebration of Learning, 1:15pm-2:15pm (details coming soon!)
- Fri., 5/6 – McKinley-Thatcher Virtual School Auction begins (ends 5/13)!
- Fri., 5/7 – Fishing Day with Mr. J @ Wash Park, 11:00am-1:00pm (more details coming soon!)