News from the Nest — September 23, 2022
Posted September 23, 2022
Vol. 7, No. 5
Students’ School Picture Galleries Are Now Available!
We are excited to announce that Bloom School Pictures has our students’ Picture Day galleries ready for families to view! Please visit Bloom’s website to view your student’s gallery and order pictures.
To Access Your Student’s Gallery
- On Bloom’s website, scroll down to the “Order Pictures” section and click on the blue “Student Galleries” button.
- When prompted, enter the email address you’d like to use for ordering pictures.
- Click on “Fall 2022 Student Galleries” and find your student’s gallery.
- Enter your student’s school ID number for their gallery password.
(If you don’t know their ID number, call our main office at (720) 424-5600.)
- Review your child’s photos and order any that you’d like to.
For help with ordering, use Step #3 of Bloom’s Picture Day guide here.
Families in need of financial assistance for ordering photographs may contact our community liaison, Ms. Ingrid Hoff (she/her) at Ingrid_Hoff@dpsk12.net. Please note that we have limited assistance available.
For information on our October 28 Picture Retake Day, visit this webpost!
News from Our PTA:
Movie Night RSVP & September PTA Meeting Notes
In Other News!
- Just a reminder that all students can eat breakfast for free at school! Breakfast is served in our cafeteria from 7:15am to 7:25am; students must arrive early in order to eat breakfast. Unlike last year, we are not offering “grab & go” style breakfast, so it’s very important to come early enough to eat in the cafeteria. Thank you!
- Destination Imagination at McKinley-Thatcher: does your child like solving challenges, working with others, being creative, and striving to reach a goal? If so, Destination Imagination’s STEAM-based (science, tech, engineering, arts, and math) challenges might be a great fit! Destination Imagination prepares kids to be the innovators of the future by combining the arts, sciences, and technology with creativity, teamwork, and problem solving. If your child would like to participate, return the form that went home in today’s Friday Folders or complete the Google form at tinyurl.com/MCTDI2022. Contact Allison Gleichman at firstname.lastname@example.org or (303) 229-6011 with questions!
- Just a reminder: there’s still time to complete your Meal Benefits application at www.myschoolapps.com before the end of the day today! The first three classrooms to have all their applications completed will win a popsicle party next week! For help or more information, visit this webpost.
- Lucky to Ride, a local nonprofit, is hosting their FREE Take a Kid Mountain Biking Day at Ruby Hill Bike park on Saturday, October 1 from 10:00am to 2:00pm! They’re providing bikes for kids to use, but space is limited to 160 people, so sign up online here!
- Mark your calendars: we have NO SCHOOL next Thursday, September 29 or Friday, September 30. These are planning days for our staff!
- Families can easily subscribe to our school’s Google calendar and see our events on your personal Google calendar!
Click here to view the McKinley-Thatcher school calendar.
- Fri., 9/23 – DEADLINE: Complete Your Meal Benefits Application & Win a Popsicle Party For Your Student!
- Mon., 9/26 – Children’s Museum of Denver visits 2nd Grade!
- Wed., 9/28 – Popsicle Parties for Winning Classrooms!
- Thurs., 9/29 – NO SCHOOL: McKinley Staff Planning Day
- Fri., 9/30 – NO SCHOOL: DPS Staff Planning Day
- Mon., 10/3 – DEADLINE: K-5 Destination Imagination Registration
- Mon., 10/3 – 3rd Grade SPREE Field Trip: Confluence Park
- Mon., 10/3 – 4th Grade SPREE Field Trip: Grant-Frontier Park
- Tues., 10/4 – PTA Board Meeting (time & location TBD)
- Weds., 10/5 – 5th Grade SPREE Field Trip: Overland Pond Park
- Thurs., 10/6 – October PTA Meeting (after drop-off @ 7:30am!)