News from the Nest — March 17, 2023
Posted March 17, 2023
Vol. 7, No. 27
Buy Your Auction Tickets by TODAY to Enter PTA’s Bonus Raffle!
Tickets for our PTA’s live auction are now available at auctria.events/flourishmct2023!
BONUS OFFER: Buy at the “Sponsor a Staff” or “Auction + Donation” level by today, March 17 and you will be entered to win 2 tickets for Besos de Mezcal at La Doña on March 27! This is a special event that includes a 5-course dinner, 3 cocktail pairings & 3 neat mezcal pours ($250 value!!).
If you have questions or need more information about our auction, please email our PTA auction committee at email@example.com.
Supporting Our Community During Ramadan
At McKinley, we work hard to provide an environment for our Muslim students, staff members, and families where they feel safe, supported, and respected during Ramadan and throughout the year.
To support and respect our community members who are observing Ramadan, we are:
- Offering a private space during lunchtime for students & staff members who are fasting.
- Making alternative activities available in PE and recess for students who are fasting.
- Increasing awareness among our community about Ramadan.
If you have questions or need more information, please call our main office at (720) 424-5600.
K-4th Grade Families:
Register for Summer Connections – DPS’s FREE Academic Summer Program!
To read this information in Spanish, click here.
To read this information in Arabic, click here.
Families of students going into 1st through 5th grade next school year (this year’s current kindergarten through 4th graders) are invited to register for Denver Public Schools’ FREE Summer Connections 2023 program!
- Who: current DPS students going into 1st-5th grade for the 2023-2024 school year
(this year’s current K-4th graders).
- What: FREE 5-week summer academic full-day program that focuses on preparing all elementary students for future success by exposing them to content from their upcoming grade. Content centers around literacy, math, science and hands-on learning.
- When: Monday, June 12, 2023 to Friday, July 14, 2023
- Program Times: 8:20am to 3:30pm, Monday through Friday
(Breakfast & lunch will be served daily.)
- Where: 10 DPS elementary schools across the city (see location map!)
- How: register through Parent Portal or using this Google form.
- For full details, visit the Summer Connections website.
In Other News!
- Mark your calendars: we have NO SCHOOL from Monday, March 27 to Monday, April 3 for our Spring Break! School resumes on Tuesday, April 4.
- Looking for Spring Break programs for your kids? Check out the City of Denver’s program locator!
- 3rd, 4th, & 5th grade families: our 3rd, 4th, and 5th grade students will be participating in our annual Colorado Measures of Academic Success (CMAS) testing in April 2023. Please check this calendar for our testing dates and keep an eye on your email and ClassDojo for more information next week!
Upcoming School Events
Click here to view the McKinley-Thatcher school calendar.
- Mon., 3/20 – LAST DAY of Creative Dance, Little Vet School, & Movement Madness enrichments
- Tues., 3/21 – LAST DAY of Spanish Club, Chess Wizards, & Yoga Stars enrichments
- Weds., 3/22 – LAST DAY of Mad Science & Sticky Fingers enrichments
- Weds., 3/22 – Main Office CLOSES EARLY (2:45pm) for staff training.
- Fri., 3/24 – Monthly School Values Assembly @ 7:45am
- Mon., 3/27 to Mon., 4/3 – NO SCHOOL: Spring Break
- Tues., 4/4 – School resumes!
Upcoming DPS & Community Events